Congregation Keneseth Israel was founded in 1903 near what’s now San Francisco’s SOMA district. After the GREAT QUAKE of 1906, Jewish families moved out of the area into the Western Addition. Soon after, Keneseth Israel found a new home on Webster Street. By the late 1950’s, the area began to lose its Jewish character, and Keneseth Israel moved again in 1972. Now, the synagogue is located at 873 Sutter Street.
Click here and learn more about us.